Saturday, September 11, 2010

In Honor of the Fallen

Today marks the ninth anniversary commemorating the loss of our fellow Americans. It has become known as "9/11".
Speaking for myself which I can only do anyway the shock, anger and sense of loss I felt on that day is still very real in my mind and although I didn't know anyone who lost their lives that day it still affected me as if I had.
So I want to give recognition to those who lost their lives and the loved ones they left behind. You are not alone in your mourning and sense of loss.
I am happy to see that the minister from Florida withdrew his earlier plan to have a Koran burning in response to the news that a mosque is going to be built on what many of us Americans deem hallowed ground. I must say I don't agree with a mosque being built there out of respect for the fallen but why fan the flames of hatred and ignorance by doing something like disrespecting another man's religion?
It is just amazing how advanced we have become in so many facets of our lives as human beings yet we can't get past basic differences such as race or religious beliefs. And to think that most religious teachings call for temperance toward others.
I just wanted to say that our people who paid the price for these ignorant little men's perverted ideology will always be honored and missed. And if there is a hell I hope the one's who did these cowardly acts are burning in the lowest depths of it because they sure aren't martyr's as is said but men who took the coward's way out.

No comments: